Thursday 26 March 2015

La Porte Des Indes

I absolutely adore the décor and the food off course of La Porte Des Indes. It is one of the finest Indian restaurants in London and an absolute must for any special occasion.



I had visited it few years ago to sample their extravagant Sunday buffet, and it was the best buffet I had ever tried. You are absolutely spoilt for choice. The food is beautifully spread out over two floors! Last time, I ate there with family, I was so full, I was barely able to walk!!

This time round, I thought of trying their food for lunch. It is a long way from Sutton to travel there, but it is well worth the visit. I ordered their tasting platter. Which came beautifully presented in a tray of starters such as Tandoori Prawn, Paneer Tikka, Lamb chop, three types of stunning chutneys such as Mango, green, red chilli and carrot Raita. For Main, there was this absolutely delicious Dhaba style chicken curry, saffron scented rice, fluffy naan bread with Chana Masala. I had Guava juice with my meal.

You have three choices from a set menu for the tasting platter, and is also available for vegetarians.

I was full after this lavish lunch and did not have place for a dessert. I, however, did glance over their dessert menu, and it looked very tempting. They had traditional Indian desserts such as Gulab Jamun, Rasmalai, Bebinca etc. I will try it out hopefully for my next visit.
As you walk through their corridor, you cannot miss the glimpse of the photographs of your favourite star who had visited La Porte Des Indes in the past.

12.5 % discretionary service charge is added to your bill. I paid £24 in all. I think it is fair price to pay for such a lovely meal in the heart of Central London.

The restaurant is right next to the Marble Arch tube station and is conveniently located for shopping if you wish to burn your calories after the heavy meal, which I did!

Overview:


Food: 4.5/5
Service: 4.5/5
Ambience: 5/5
Value: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment